MANILA, Philippines — February 11, 2026 — Senator Raffy Tulfo on Tuesday exposed what he described as an ongoing illegal online cockfighting (e-sabong) operation during a Senate Committee on Games and Amusements hearing, raising questions about the effectiveness of law enforcement agencies tasked with enforcing the nationwide ban.

During the hearing, Tulfo presented information indicating that an e-sabong livestream originating from Central Luzon was actively operating in real time. The senator said the operation had allegedly been running since last year under a certain “Pineda,” whom he described as a known gambling figure in Pampanga.

The exposure prompted sharp exchanges between Tulfo and officials of the Philippine National Police Anti-Cybercrime Group (PNP-ACG), the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), and the Cybercrime Investigation and Coordinating Center (CICC) under the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT).

Intelligence Funds Questioned

Tulfo questioned how the PNP-ACG has been utilizing its reported ₱1.3 billion intelligence fund, noting that illegal gambling operations appeared to be openly streaming online despite the government’s total ban on e-sabong.

“If the operation is accessible and streaming live, what exactly are these agencies doing?” Tulfo asked during the hearing.

PBGen. Wilson Asueta of the PNP-ACG said their office had submitted reports to concerned agencies, including the DICT, CICC, and the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC). When pressed for specific actions taken, Asueta said they would need to verify records.

CICC Executive Director Undersecretary Renato Paraiso said the agency acts upon formal referrals and assured the committee that steps would be taken to have the livestream taken down.

Tulfo, however, asked whether action would have been taken if the matter had not been raised in a Senate hearing.

NBI Role Raised

While much of the questioning focused on the PNP-ACG and the CICC, Tulfo also raised concerns about the apparent absence of visible enforcement action from the National Bureau of Investigation, which he described as the country’s premier investigative body.

The senator noted that if the livestream could be accessed during the hearing, authorities should have been able to detect and act on it earlier.

Alleged Operators Named

Tulfo further disclosed that another alleged gambling operator, surnamed “Bernos,” continues to operate in Abra and the Cordillera Administrative Region, based on information provided to his office.

He also noted that despite awareness of the Senate inquiry, the alleged Pampanga-based operation reportedly continued streaming during the proceedings.

Call for Immediate Action

The senator called on enforcement agencies to immediately shut down illegal e-sabong platforms and pursue the arrest of individuals responsible for running them.

The nationwide ban on e-sabong was imposed amid public outcry over gambling-related crimes and social issues.

Tuesday’s hearing highlighted concerns over enforcement gaps, inter-agency coordination, and the use of intelligence funds in combating cyber-enabled illegal gambling.

Tulfo said authorities must demonstrate that the ban is being effectively implemented.

“The Filipino people deserve to see that the law is being enforced,” he said.
Brad
James pak kasa lagyan mo ng pic ni Sen. Raffy Tulfo na hindi pa natin nagamot
Brad
bukas padala ako saiyo

Spread the news