February 11, 2026 — If this isn’t a national embarrassment, what is?

In a blistering Senate Committee on Games and Amusements hearing, Sen. Raffy “Idol” Tulfo did what law enforcement agencies apparently could not — he exposed, in real time, an active illegal online e-sabong operation streaming out of Central Luzon.

Yes, real-time.
Yes, live.
Yes, ongoing.

And the NBI, PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG), and DICT’s Cybercrime Investigation and Coordinating Center (CICC) were caught flat-footed.

TULFO DROPS THE HAMMER

Armed with information from his sources, Tulfo revealed that the illegal operation had allegedly been running since last year, reportedly under a certain “Pineda,” described as a known gambling kingpin in Pampanga.

The bigger shock?

Despite the supposed ban on e-sabong, despite billions in intelligence funds, despite task forces and cybercrime units — the livestream was still up and running.

Tulfo didn’t hold back.

He directly questioned how the ₱1.3 billion intelligence fund given to the PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group was being used. If illegal gambling operations can openly stream online for months, what exactly are these agencies doing?

Monitoring TikTok dances?

NBI: MISSING IN ACTION?

While the spotlight initially hit the PNP ACG and DICT-CICC, the glaring silence and inaction of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) was impossible to ignore.

This is supposed to be the country’s premier investigative body.

Yet here we are.

An illegal gambling operation has been running for over a year.
A kingpin is reportedly operating brazenly.
A live stream that can be accessed in seconds.

And the NBI? Nowhere to be seen.

If a senator can pull up the stream during a public hearing, what excuse does the NBI have?

Incompetence?
Lack of will?
Or selective enforcement?

Take your pick.

PASSING THE BUCK

PBGEN Wilson Asueta of the PNP ACG claimed they had already submitted reports to DICT, CICC, and the NTC. But when pressed, he said they would “check their records.”

Check their records?

The illegal operation was LIVE during the hearing.

CICC Executive Director Usec. Renato Paraiso said they only act upon referrals and promised to take it down “today.”

Tulfo’s sharp response cut deep:
If there had been no Senate hearing, would they have acted at all?

That question hung heavily in the room — and over the credibility of every agency present.

UNTOUCHABLE KINGPINS?

Tulfo further disclosed that, according to his source, another alleged gambling lord — surnamed “Bernos” — continues to dominate operations in Abra, Cordillera Administrative Region, without being arrested.

Even more insulting to the public?

Despite reportedly knowing about the Senate hearing, the alleged Pampanga operator continued streaming e-sabong during the proceedings.

That’s not just defiance.

That’s confidence.

Confidence that no one will touch them.

SMALL FRY VS. BIG FISH

Tulfo pointed out the double standard:

Small-time gamblers playing tupada, tong-its, or cara y cruz?
Raided immediately.

But alleged gambling kingpins operating multimillion-peso online networks?
Still enjoying VIP treatment.

Why?

Is it fear?
Influence?
Protection?

Or plain incompetence?

THE HARD TRUTH

The message from this hearing was loud and clear:

Without public pressure and Senate scrutiny, illegal gambling operations continue unchecked.

And the NBI — along with other enforcement agencies — looked reactive, not proactive.

That is unacceptable.

If agencies equipped with cybercrime units, intelligence budgets, and legal authority cannot shut down a publicly accessible illegal livestream, then something is seriously broken.

Sen. Raffy Tulfo threw down the challenge:

Act.
Shut them down.
Arrest those responsible.

Because if kingpins continue to operate in broad daylight — or broad bandwidth — then the problem isn’t just illegal gambling.

It’s a law enforcement system that appears either powerless — or unwilling — to enforce the law.

And the Filipino people deserve better than that.

Spread the news